This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Live CD

I hate it when I have to ask for help with something that's probably easy, but I rebooted with the Live CD in the disc drive and nothing happened. (I did this on both an old Windows 95 based PC and an XP based PC)

I'd assume there's a problem with the disc, but when Windows is booted it autoruns a little intro window, so I don't think that's the problem. :/

Thanks for the help.

Re: Kubuntu Live CD

There are two things you need to do:

1. Make sure you burned the CD as a disk image, not as data. How do you know? Go to Windows, pop in your CD, and open the CD. If you see one big file called something-something.ISO, you burned it as data. If you see a bunch of different files and folers, you burned it as an image.

2. Make sure your BIOS is set to boot from CD before the hard drive. To get into your BIOS setting, you have to press a button during boot-up. It varies from machine to machine, but it's usually one of these keys:

Delete
    Escape
    F1
    F2
    F12
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Re: Kubuntu Live CD

Or Like my Dumb Asrock Mobo it is F11. stupid thing. cant be standard. but it is one of the problems stated above. Most computers are not set to boot from Cd right off the bat.

Dice

Comment

Working...
      X