X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Console resolution, wpa support

Hi,

I had a couple general questions to ask:

I've been trying to change my virtual console resolution. I've tried some grub commands such as vga=7xx and vga=any, and the change the resolution, but then something else changes it back before I get to the login screen.

I also have a problem with text wrapping. It appears as if the kernel doesn't know where my screen ends. I'll type a long line of letters, an dit will stop somewhere near the end of the screen and wrap on the same line at the beginning.

The other question I had was about WPA support. I downloaded wpasupplicant, is that all i need? How do I implement it with iwconfig?

Last question, a very minor question. The first log in attempt from the virtual console lags a bit after I enter my user name before it goes to the password. So I always misspell the password. I need to either wait a second, or do it two times to get it to work. Any ideas?

Thank you!
    Craig

Re: Console resolution, wpa support

I found a possible fix for the console resolution problems, and I tried it, but it failed miserably.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3089238.0

Says I need to update the initrd file, and remove all instances of some commands, but it's hard for me to see what to remove, without breaking a whole lot of other stuff. If I am going to remove the lines the OP referenced, what will my file look like after? I'd ask him myself, but it looks like he's had two posts, corresponding to that one question.

Comment

Working...
    X