This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Monitor

Im having problems with my monitor and im thinking about returning it and getting a new one. I might not be able to get the same one and if i dont i prbly will have to reconfigure my xorg file. But i was wonder if doing this will mess up my comnpiz effects that i have installed at the moment?
    Kubuntu 8.04 <br />Dual-Boot w/ XP<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E6500<br />nVidia 8400GS 256mb<br />2GB DDR2<br />Ubuntu User #21847<br />Linux User #467409

Re: New Monitor

I seriously doubt it will.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

A new monitor shouldn't really cause to many problems. If it is a new graphics card, then yes, X would have to be configured, but not for a new monitor. Monitor only handles the output from the card based on what resolution the card is outputting. The only issue a new monitor can really cause is no picture because it can't handle the outputted resolution but again has nothing to do with X. If that does happen, use "Ctrl""Alt""+". That will change the resolution. Do that until you do get a picture and go from there as to what needs to be done.

Comment

Ok just making sure
        thanks
        do i use CTRL+ALT++ if the res is lower or higher than the monitors ability/??/
        Kubuntu 8.04 <br />Dual-Boot w/ XP<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E6500<br />nVidia 8400GS 256mb<br />2GB DDR2<br />Ubuntu User #21847<br />Linux User #467409

Comment

Working...
        X