This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a dos boot floppy with kubuntu

I need to update my bios so the functionality of my mother board is at peak, but I need a win98 boot disk to update the bios! Does anyone know if I can create a win98 boot disk with kubuntu?

Re: Creating a dos boot floppy with kubuntu

No you can't, unless you're running Windows98 in a virtualised mode either using VMWare or some other emulation software.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

If you know anyone still running Win98 (are there any still left?) you can have them make the boot floppy for you.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I don't know if this website may help, they do have disk images which you may be able to write to a floppy.

http://www.bootdisk.com/

I did manage to find a link but it is a HOWTO for gentoo but the HOWTO should still apply mostly.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_a_DOS_boot_disk

Comment

I'm under the impression (from what I've heard and read) that the bootdisk.com link SpikoPath gave you is where it's at.
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Any microstupid computer can make a bootdisc;
            My Computer, insert disc in A drive, Right click A drive, Format, change nothing but the little box at bottom of form Check, Create MS-DOS startup disc. Done... Remember this will kill anything on the disc.
            Chauvin.

Comment

Working...
            X