This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems setting up ftp server

i installed pure-ftpd thourgh apt.then i created virtual user as instructed in docs.
    users are able to connect to server but can't login.it says wrong password.has neone had the same problem?i can't figure out the problem

Re: problems setting up ftp server

I'm having this exact same problem. I thought it'd be better if I bump this thread instead of creating same one over. If anybody could help me with this, I'd really appreciate it. And here's my problem in detail.
    I think I have the ftp server running. I set up my group and user and everything. I run my client, then I try to log on. It passes my USERID ok, but when it gets to password. It denies the connection with the wrong password. I've been googling this issue for a while. Somebody advised to look up in the log in /etc/var/message but I can see nothing there.

Comment

Make sure that you are typing your password correctly - that you are observing the case-sensitivity.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

+ I know it sounds dumb ......but you are using the password for the acct. on the box your connecting to right?

I just asked because I spent and hour typing the password for the box I was connecting from instead of the box I was conecting to 1 time

and they were different.

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X