This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cd/dvd rom drive disappeared

Putting a disk in the drive usually results in a popup (I guess automount) asking me what I want to do. Just noticed this is not happening. Also System Menu -->Storage Media doesn't show CD drive. Also, Deepburner (wine) burning software shows "no drives found". Could someone help me find out what has happened?

Re: cd/dvd rom drive disappeared

Footnote:
    Forgot to add that I am running a dual boot with win2000 and also a virtualbox win2000 VM. The drive is recognized by software in the win2000 boot but not apparently in the win2000 VM.

Comment

What version of Kubuntu are you running?

Tests:
      1) With Kubuntu running and at the desktop without your VM running: is the CD/DVD device visible, and if yes, does it mount if you put a CD/DVD disc in?
      2) With Kubuntu running and at the desktop with your VM running, have you ensured that the CD/DVD virtual connection is active?
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Feisty. Things seem to have returned to possibly normal since I did a reboot.
        1) Drive now recognized by deepburner., is visible in "storage media" and mounts via My Disk
        2) Before starting VM, host drive shows correctly, in VM it shows as VBOX_CD ROM

Comment

Well, don't you just love a self-correcting system?
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X