This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Daemon appears twice after inserting CD or USB flashdisk

I must have forgotten what I have changed when playing around with configuration.
    Now everytime I insert CD or USB flashdisk, KDE Daemon pops up twice asking what to do with the mounted devices.

Normally it only pops up once.
    Does anybody know how to fix this?

Re: KDE Daemon appears twice after inserting CD or USB flashdisk

Yep. You're not imagining it -- same here. Haven't had time to look into it, though. The first pop-up opens in my default file mgr Konqueror (I set it that way); the second pop-up opens in, of all things, Dolphin.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Having played with the KDE colors for regular vs. "root" (via kdesu) windows, I've noticed when it does this for me, one is for my regular user account KDE colors, and one "root" colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Kitten
        I've noticed when it does this for me, one is for my regular user account KDE colors, and one "root" colors.
        Ditto here (albeit without the colours). Its kind of annoying because if I accidentally use the root one to mount it then its a pain in the arse to actually use my usb drive.

Maybe we should put reducing it to one down as a feature request for hardy (to mount as user, its very unlikely for people to want to mount things as root, at least as far as I can think of).

Comment

Add me to the list, two windows, different colours. Mine does it randomly though when ripping CDs (not used anything else recently), it usually opens just one window.

Comment

Had this happen to me a few times. Each time I ignored the second pop-up. Seemed to be OK, but is annoying. Only did this for the ZIP drive, which after going to KDE3.5.9 is when it started for me.

Comment

Working...
            X