This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: COMPIZ FUSION HELP!!!!

If you have all the correct Compiz options checked, the keyboard keys to display the cube are Ctrl+Alt+Downarrow. With the mouse, it's Ctrl+Alt+leftmousebutton
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

those didnt work the ctrl+alt+leftmousebutton gave me a two sided cube one on the back of another
      Kubuntu 8.04 <br />Dual-Boot w/ XP<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E6500<br />nVidia 8400GS 256mb<br />2GB DDR2<br />Ubuntu User #21847<br />Linux User #467409

Comment

Then you have not changed one of the settings for the cube.

Right-click your desktop, choose "configure desktop > multiple desktops", and change it to 1.

Open KMenu>Settings>Advanced Desktop Effects Settings>General Options>Desktop Size and change the horizontal size to 4. Leave vertical and number at 1. That should get you a 4-sided cube, and 4 virtual desktops.

Comment

THANK YOU!!!!
          is there a way to change the color or the image of the background when i show the cube behind the complete cube right now i have a black screen
          Kubuntu 8.04 <br />Dual-Boot w/ XP<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E6500<br />nVidia 8400GS 256mb<br />2GB DDR2<br />Ubuntu User #21847<br />Linux User #467409

Comment

CompizConfig compiz configuration

Comment

Under the settings for compiz it is called 'skydome' this allows you to select an image as the background image behind the cube.

It is either under cube or cube rotation, can't remember exactly where but definitely called skydome.

Comment

how do i get to the compiz setttings?

Comment

K > Settings > Advanced Desktop Effects Settings
                  http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

i downloaded the link from this page: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=394213
                    and it works but when i try the skydome image it doesnt show up

Comment

Skydome images must be sized as a multiple of 1024. So, images sizes of 512x1024, 1024x2048, 512x2048, etc are acceptable and will be displayed. If the image you are choosing for a skydome does meet this sizing criteria, they will not be displayed.

Comment

im gunna type my cube screen options

acceleration 4.0
                        active opacity 100.00
                        Adjust Image (box Checked)
                        Color (Blank)
                        Fade Time 1.0
                        In (Box Not Checked)
                        Inactive Opacity 100.00
                        MipMap (Checked)
                        MultiOutPutMode = 0
                        Scale Image = checked
                        skydome = checked
                        skydome animated = checked
                        skydome gradient end color = nothing
                        skydome gradient start color= nothing
                        skydome image = /home/_____/My Files/Pictures/SaleenS72.jpg
                        speed = 1.0
                        timestep = 1.0
                        transparent manual only = checked

Comment

my picture size is 1024 x 768 so... i dont see whats wrong

Comment

I don't understand why you are having this problem, I've used images of all sorts of sizes and have not had a problem.

One thing to try would be to make sure that the image options lower down on the main configuration page are checked.

In your options you have selected 'skydome animated' as checked, uncheck it unless you wish to have your image stretched, it moves when you rotate the cube. I personally never had t looking great, I was looking for large images that were a 360 degree panoramic shot of nice places.

Regarding your Window Decorations, Compiz-Fusion changed these, so you may wish to visit this web site to pick a Window decoration you like.

Download the tar ball to say your home folder and then use emerald to import the window decoration.

http://www.kde-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=103

I use a modified version of the crystal theme which I modified myself.

Comment

i dont understand how to do this
                              One thing to try would be to make sure that the image options lower down on the main configuration page are checked.
                              Also unckecking the skydome animations didnt do anything

Comment

Originally posted by linuxlvr
                                my picture size is 1024 x 768 so... i dont see whats wrong
                                As Snowhog pointed out, multiples of 1024. 768 does not fit that. Use something like GIMP to expand that portion either to 1024 or down to 512

Comment

Working...
                                X