This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! My laptop is quarantined from software pakages

Hi, I just installed Kubuntu on my IBM Thinkpad (model 600E) because it was crawling with the burden of windows on it's back.  The problem is that my D-link DWL-G630 network card does not have the proper driver and I'm completely blocked off from the internet.  I found some drivers that I think will make it work but I DON'T know way to install downloaded packages.  It would be a MAJOR help if anyone could explain to me how to do this in a detailed and comprehensive way.  Keep in mind that I am a complete newb and that I am interested in the easiest and fastest method.  I can transport files from my desktop using either my 256 MB flash drive or a CD.  I also have some other problems that I hope to solve but I want fix this first.
    For anyone willing to help, thanks in advance.

(I am editing this to add updated info)
    Wow, I was so flustered about my problem that I blew past a possible fix that is lower down on the page. That was embarrassing. Sorry. I'll try that and see what good it does me. If I'm still stuck, I'll probably update this message with the problems that I encounter. As for my other problems, I'll try everything I can to fix them. For the ones I'm still having trouble with, I'll post them at some later date.
    Thanks
Working...
X