This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost internet connection after update

My daughter updated her computer yesterday and when she turned it on this morning there was no internet connection. I've tried everything I can think off but no luck.
    I'm not sure what the kubuntu version is but sure its the latest.

Re: lost internet connection after update

More info would be in order . What did she update from and what did she update to?

Going from, say, WinXP, to Kubuntu 7.10 would be an extreme example requiring an extreme solution. Hopefully, her update was simply for a specific Kubuntu or other Linux app.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

She updated to Kubuntu which I installed for her just before christmas and did all the updates till then so was the latest. She I think she did all the updates that came up as she doesn't know that she can pick and choose.

Shes using a machine put togeather from 2 old machines and everything else still works. The ethernet connection is a new one that was working before she did the updates.

Ashley

Comment

Open up a konsole and enter:

Code:
        ifconfig
        then

Code:
        lspci
        Cut and paste the results back here, please.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Cut and paste the results back here, please.
          [/quote]

I'm going to have to type the results, cut and paste won't work.......no connection to post.

UPDATE: computer out of memory so doesn't work and needs shooting

Comment

Working...
          X