This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu Messages

I had installed Ubuntu on a spare machine, then added Kubuntu on top, just to try and see what would happen. Decided I wanted to try it on it's own so formatted the drive, clean reinstalled Kubuntu which is where my troubles started.
    The install got as far as the screen advising you to remove the disc, after 5 minutes I had to reboot, to get the disc out. When I check the menu I find a message which I cannot find anywhere in the forums.
    It reads _:Entries in K menu: Adept Manager app name. Manage Pack.....
    That line appears in every app menu entry, but substitutes the app name.
    When it plays off the Live CD it works. Have checked the disc and no errors

Re: Menu Messages

HOWTO Fix _: Entries In KMenu (Gutsy problem)
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you!
      I think half the battle with Kbuntu is knowing what these bits and pieces are called. I searched for a long time and couldn't find the answer.

Comment

The real challenge is learning how any given search engine works. Even after I fixed this problem myself (after seeing a post on what caused it and what to do), later, when I wanted to find it, my search wasn't coming up with it. So, don't think your in a boat all by yourself - we've all been there!
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X