X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

java help needed

I have sun-java6 jre installed and i'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12
    and still can't get in yahoo games.what am i doing wrong?
    also running 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon 64-bit kubuntu

Re: java help needed

what are you tring to do exactly with yahoo games under linux, because yahoo games are all .exe file which made for windows and there are no linux distros. that are able to play window files with the file being corrupted in one way another even using wine, there is a software out there called cedega which is a subscription base software which you would have to pay for but still its limited on the games you can play, theres no yahoo games. hope this help and if im wrong on this someone correct me because im a newbie to linux and i haven't found any software made for windows that can run on linux without being corrupted due to linux file system, and since linux isn't made for gaming.

Comment

No 64-bit Firefox plugin yet, but Java 7 would have it back ( http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view...bug_id=4802695 ). You may try your luck with development versions ( http://download.java.net/jdk7/binaries/ ) but I haven't tried it yet and don't know what exactly to do, and if it will work at all.

You may also look through "Processor specific" forums here, for usual workarounds to run 32-bit plugins on 64-bit system.

Comment

Originally posted by night-owl
        what are you tring to do exactly with yahoo games under linux, because yahoo games are all .exe file which made for windows and there are no linux distros.
        The 'programs the user is talking about are JAVA apps. They are NOT windows exes.

The problem has something to do with the current firefox's broken support for the java run time library and it's interface with the Yahoo games system.... for whatever reason Yahoo games does not recognize the jre installed in the current version of Firefox.

The 'fix'es mentioned around the internet are varied and don't seem to work most of the time.

I'm in a current battle with this issue - and in the process of updating certain libraries have broken a kubuntu 8.04 install.

But bottom line: This is related to a java runtime environment and is NOT a windows application issue.

Comment

Working...
        X