X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SanDisk MP3 Player

Hey All,

I'm trying to get a SanDisk MP3 player to work. I plug it in (USB) and it shows "connected" with a spinning wheel in the window and then reboots. If I open Amrok and did a few adjustments there it shows that a device conneted. But I can't get it too work.

Do I need to load something else for Amrok? Do I need to download the .inf file and use ndiswrapper (is that right?). Or what?

Thanks,
    James

Re: SanDisk MP3 Player

Which Sandisk player?

I have a e250 and to get it too work I had to set the USB mode to MSC in the players settings.

Other then that it should just mount and work.

Comment

All it says on the MP3 is "B10712AKHF-8G" So not sure if that's the number or not. I know it's an 8 gig player. After posting this I did check in my "Storage Media" and all it showed was my hard driver. Shouldn't the MP3 player show up there as well?

Thanks,
      James

PS: I did read your post where you said you did that. But I can't seem to find USB setting's on the player.

Comment

The USB setting might not be on your player. I'm unfamiliar with any your player.

Did you try to mount it by hand?

Sometimes I can't get things to mount automatically.

Comment

Does the player appear on your desktop?
          If so, you might be able to use it just like a hard drive: open it, drag and drop files to it, delete files by dragging them to the trash and emptying it, etc.
          That's how mine works.

I haven't bothered to try getting mine set up in Amarok, because I don't really see what the advantage is.

Comment

No it doesn't show up on my desktop. And if I go into "storage places" it doesn't show up there either.

James

Comment

Working...
            X