X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wine, VirtualBox and Autocad

Hello everybody,

I need to use autocad 2004 for my university, however I was unable to get it to work.

I tried installing it with wine in a new clean bottle. The setup seemed fine, installing up to ~70% and it crashed.Tried that ~ 5 times, It always crashed in the same place the last thing I saw was VBE.

As last hope I tried VirtualBox. I had to install windows(yuck) took me about a hour++;
    The install of autocad went fine(seemed so), but I can't get it to start. I double click the shortcut, tried opening it manually, using task manager, but I failed. No error, no warning no NOTHING.

Do I really need to install windows, or do you think that won't help?

I don't know what to do.
    Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Re: wine, VirtualBox and Autocad

It's kinda' old, but check out >>>this post<<<.

Edit: After reading through the above post more carefully, I got the impression it's a HowTo explaining how to get Autocad running after it's installed. This one might be a better choice.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
    X