This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unexplainable error message

I have a recurring error message on Kubuntu 7.10 in updates processing and for new software installs.
    The initial install has no glitches or error messages.

Message reads: " There was an error committing changes. Possibly there was a problem downloading some packages or the commit would break packages. "

I have 6 computer Ethernet LAN that is working without problems.

This comes up on two "fresh" installs on two versions of Kubuntu 7.10 - 32bit and AMD-64 bit.

My computer: Compaq Evo Workstation, upgraded with Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 motherboard and compatible AMD 64X2 -2.8ghz CPU, OCZ DDR2 800mhz RAM- 4GB, Hitachi 320GB Sata HD.

Computer configuration has been checked with Gigabyte, and works perfectly with other distros - e,g, Mandriva 2008.

Another problem: keyboard action gets progressively slower and very sluggish in continuous use, e.g. playing Frozen Bubble, Tetris games. This did not happen with other - previously installed - distros.

We much prefer Kubuntu as primary operating system base in this business office, and appreciate any help in "clearly and permanently" resolving these particular issues.

W. Anderson
    wanderson@nac.net
    kimalcorp@nac.net

Re: unexplainable error message

Try this http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3090926.0

Hope it helps.

James

Comment

Re: unexplainable error message

I just had the same problem with my system. I ended up doing the upgrade through the Command Line Interface (CLI) versus the Graphical User Interface (GUI). To accomplish this, log out and then change the session to Console Login. Then type

sudo apt-get upgrade

Has to be something with the GUI for Apt-Get that doesn't like the GUI method. More than likely, it is a kernel update, but again, I'm not sure as to why it chooses to do it. After the initial update / upgrade, there are no more problems with Adept.

Let me know if that helps, John
      Slackware 12 - 32 bit on a ABIT Fatal1ty AA8XE Motherboard w/ Pentium 4 3.6 gHz HyperThreaded CPU (OC&#39;d to 4.4 gHz) and 1066 mHz FSB, 4 GB US Modular Low Density DDR2 ram, eVGA Nvidia e-GeForce 6200 LE 512mb PCI-e x16 GFX video. Plays World of Warcraft great!<br /><br />Only Linux @ home since 1996

Comment

Working...
      X