Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xserver/KDE (I think)?? (Fixed, never mind)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xserver/KDE (I think)?? (Fixed, never mind)

Hey All,

Ok I went to start my system this morning and all I get is
    DeskTop lonin
    I think I did something to my Xserver and/or KDE. Now when it boots I get
    kinit: name_to_dev_t (/dev/disk/by-uuid/5689e490-5dee-44c5-9930-a4b81b91c3cf) = sda5 (8,5)
    and

kinit: trying to resume from /dev/disk/by-uuid/5689e490-5dee-44c5-9930-a4b81b91c3cf
    and

kinit: No resumer image, doing normal boot....
    Now I did try to load Compiz-Fusion and got an error. See http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3091174.0 for what I did and what the screen told me in trying to get this to work. So I'm thinking I did something to my Xserver or what it is called xorg? So now I have
    james@DeskTop:~$
    What do I do in order to fix this?

Thanks,
    James

Re: Xserver/KDE (I think)??

OK I did a search for "Fatal server error" and found a post where it said the same thing as mine.
    Fatal server error:
    no screens found
    It talked about the xorg.conf file being bad. So I went and looked in the directory /etc/X11 and did ls and in there I have 5 different files that say xorg.conf, xorg.conf.1, xorg.conf.2, xorg.conf.20080202082540, xorg.conf.3

So if I was to take a quess I would say that because I have so many files with the same name (for the most part) My boot is confused as too which one to use? Like I said just a guess here.

Thanks again,
    James

Comment

Re: Xserver/KDE (I think)??

OK been doing some more reading on this. If I enter "X" from /etc/X11$ (this restarts Xserver, right?) I get a list of things. Release Date, etc. I get 3 (EE)

1) Unable to find a valid framebuffer device
      2) NV(0): Failed to open framebuffer device, consult warnings and/or errors above for possible reasons
      3) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Now as I said I have 5 files that say xorg.conf. I says it is useing /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Just giving more information.

Thanks,
      James

Comment

Re: Xserver/KDE (I think)?? (Fixed, never mind)

OK never mind. I fixed it I used the directions at http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3090956.0 changeing the "driver" to "nv" and saving and restarting KDE. Very cool

James

Comment

Working...
        X