This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K3b interfering with DVD drive.

I am on Kubuntu Feisty and am having trouble burning with K3b. I right clicked on an iso file on the desktop and invoked K3b. When prompted to put in a blank cd I pressed the DVDROM drive button. Voila, nothing happened. The problem almost certainly involves K3b. Here is a portion the last post of my thread "cd tray not opening" where I first discussed the problem :

Here is my report:
    1.Changed K3b to eject after process (suggestion of previous poster).
    2.Tried eject via terminal. Didn't work.
    3.Cold reboot.
    4.DVD drive worked via button.
    5.Put in disk. MyDisk opened. I chose to open in Konqueror.
    6.Opened tray via button, took out disk and closed tray.
    7.Brought up K3b via Kmenu. Tray would not open with button or via eject in terminal.
    I didn't try to load tray and invoke K3b because I would have to do a cold reboot, which I will eventually have to do anyway. It seems clear that K3b is part, maybe all, of the problem. I am going to try to get to K3b maintainer and possibly stary a new threas "K3b interfers with opening of DVD tray"

I tried to get in touch with the K3b maintainer with no response so far. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Re: K3b interfering with DVD drive.

Sorry don't have an answer but I have the same problem. I am on Gutsy. After I burn DVD the drive is unusable. The eject buttons doesn't work and like you even from terminal, nothing. Need to reboot to get my drive back. This is really bad

Comment

Re: K3b interfering with DVD drive.

I am dismayed by yr post. I migrated from Feisty to Gutsy because I read that problem had been fixed in Gutsy. The K3b maintained didn't respond to my queries. Do you think it is a problem that depends on what hardware you have?

Comment

Working...
      X