This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No printer and cups

Thanks for the suggestion re turboprint. At this stage I don't want to part with any cash.

I've kind of done a work-around to the problem of printing on the i560 from Kubuntu. Well, not really Kubuntu:

I've re-installed Ubuntu and installed the printer. Then I installed kubuntu-desktop. However, I noticed that kubuntu-desktop updated cupsys-db-gutenprint during installation. This had me worried, as I used a fair bit of download to install it. Fortunately, the printer still worked after installation of kubuntu-desktop (for me, for now).

The printer is, however, not available for selection again; eg if I want to add another user profile, that user will not be able to install the i560.

The issue seems that Kubuntu and Ubuntu distros of Gutsy Gibbon use different versions of Guttenprint, Foomatic, and possibly even CUPS. Could this be possible??

As I say, the work-around works for me, for now. Don't know if it'll work if I change anything.

I hope this will be fixed in upcoming releases. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Does anyone know where the printer drivers are stored in the system? Is it possible to find individual printer drivers and just put them in the right directory to make them available to the Kubuntu print manager?

Cheers,
    Steve

Comment

Working...
    X