This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with my graphic card

Hi everybody, i just installed kubuntu in my laptop, the problem is the graphic card is detected (ATI 320m) but the 3d acceleration is not activated, when i do glxinfo in the terminal i see : Direct rendering: No
    And i know that its possible to activate it even if the card is not supported by Fglrx because i already did a search and found that some people have it working fine on ubuntu and because the Kanotix Thorhammer 2007 RC6B live CD detect it and support the 3d acceleration by default and (tried Beryl and compiz on it and all things are going very well and so quick) so my question is : is there a way that let me copy all the informations required to make the card work from kanotix in the aim to do the same thing in Kubuntu ? my second questions is : does anybody has the card working well with Kubuntu ?
    PS: I'm using kubuntu 7.10 Gusty Gibbon
    Thank you in advance.

Re: help with my graphic card

One fairly simple way to enable 3D on either Nvidia or ATI is to try Albert Milone's script called "Envy". It will download and install the correct driver. It is available from http://www.albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

It work for MOST people but NOT ALL people
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: help with my graphic card

Thank you arochester for the solution i will try it

Comment

Working...
      X