This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Party Software

Since I am a big fan of the concept behind the Ubuntu project and am, in general, very pleased with how Kubuntu works and am excited about using it, I am interested to find out if there is a list, somewhere, of third-party software that has GNU/Linux or Ubuntu compatible software. I am a professional musician and use the programs Finale and SmartScore quite a bit. In addition to finding out if either of these programs can be used on this platform, I would like to find out if there are any similar programs out there in the open source world or any programs that I could use until something is released within the Ubuntu community. I did some checking about voice recognition software and read about the projects working on this and am also very interested in working with any of the developers testing out this kind of software ( I am using such a program on my Windows-based PC to send this post )

Re: Third Party Software

Google is you friend!

http://www.habibbijan.com/articles/r...nux-with-wine/

Music Notation
    Native Windows: Finale, SmartScore, Sibelius
    Native Linux: Noteedit, LilyPond, Rosegarden

There are distros which have an audio bias which are worth looking at - if only to see what apps they have - dyne:bolic, ubuntuStudio, Studio to go!
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
    X