This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K3b issue: how to add to CD..?

I'm new to K3b. I find it impressive and a pleasure to use. However, I cannot figure out how to do something fairly simple. I'm working on archiving backup files. I need to write files to a CD, then add more files, over time, until the CD is effectively full.

How do I get K3b to look at my partially full CD, and then add additional files to it? I insert the CD, respond to the little gold CD icon in the taskbar at screen bottom by clicking the "mount" option. I can see it in the file tree in K3b. But it seems only to be seen as a SOURCE of files, not a TARGET.

I seem only to be offered the opportunity to start a NEW project. That won't do it. I want to continue a project. And no, I didn't save a project description file when I wrote the initial batch of files to the CD. I shouldn't have to. The program should be able merely to read the CD and go on from there.

I do see the main menu "File > New Project > Continue multisession project" option, but it doesn't do anything. The "session import" modal window message box which comes up and invites me to "... insert an appendable CD...." never recognizes that I HAVE inserted my CD. Nothing I've tried will cause it to recognize the CD.

I know this must be a fairly common operation. How do other people do it? I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has on what I could do to get this to work.

Re: K3b issue: how to add to CD..?

I don't know the answer from personal experience, but Mr. Google turned this up which appears to have some answers, if you read down the thread:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...roblem-283857/

Comment

Re: K3b issue: how to add to CD..?

Kubuntu Gutsy, K3b 1.0.4

Inserting CD > Kubuntu tells:
      A new medium has been detected. What do you want to do ?
      Pressing "Cancel"

Starting K3b > New Data CD Project > Adding data > Burn -> Misc-tab: Multisession Mode -> Start Multisession > Pressing Burn button... K3b tells:
      Writing Multisession CD (K3b data project)
      ...OK

Eject

Inserting CD > Kubuntu:
      A new medium has been detected. What do you want to do ?
      Pressing "Cancel"

Startting K3b: K3b > Further actions... (Quickstart-tab)
      picture: http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/K3b_1.png
      Context menu pops up ->
      Third from the top: Continue multisession and leave the disc "open"

Note:
      I have non English (it is mixed ) language version.

K3b will bring data from older session... Multisession seems to work here.
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
      X