Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

testing server not production server security?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

testing server not production server security?

first time caller, long time listener. Is it really necessary to have a unique blend for the Apache2 files? Is that brand loyalty? I mean I don't mind compiling code and setting up a folder that has all the components for a test server. A lot of people are moving to linux because they have webservers that host their domains on a linux server. I really don't mean to come off like being ungrateful. But I thought programming was about as little code as possible. Simplest is best. You can still have simple secure code. Is php not recognized as a programming language by linux documentation? Sure it is a server side programming language that started out as a perl hit counter. Not everyone wants to turn this OS into a full blown web server, some people like myself just want a layer of a webserver to test their scripts on. Delete one folder you are all set, no need to hunt for files that are hiding in case you want a re-installation. It kind of seams like an all or nothing attitude. Not just this distro ubuntu but I mean all of them. The shortest distance between a and b is a straight line. A simple script to add a comment into every page that gets made by a package go through the file system and if the page has two comments then it would not get deleted just the one comment if a page only has one comment it would get deleted if a folder/file has only one commented files in it then the foolder/file would get deleted also. a nested array with file ext and comment syntax variable package name ymd .logged pregmatch. Frustrated.
Working...
X