This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adept trouble

Adept keeps feeding me this stupid error whenever I try to install anything from it:

There was an error commiting changes. Possibly there was a problem downloading some packages or the commit would break packages.

I am running 7.10. any hints?

Re: adept trouble

I'd say do these, in a Konsole window:

Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install
    Code:
    sudo apt-get autoclean
    If you're still getting that error, try a

Code:
    sudo apt-get -f install
    I don't know what was going on last night (U.S. Eastern time) but I was getting all kinds of "server not found" messages and stuff like that, which is unusual for my location. Sometimes you just need to wait 24 hours to update. :P

Comment

I haven't seen any updates on my end for quite a while? Has there been any lately? I'll try a reload and see if anything pops up.

Comment

Yes, I had updates and an upgrade this evening. Whatever was the problem yesterday is no problem tonight.

Comment

Odd. Did a fetch updates here and nothing shows, of course I keep Pre-released Updates and Unsupported Updates checked so maybe I received those updates already?

Comment

I still get the same error message any time I try to update or install from adept

Comment

Originally posted by mpaluszk
              I still get the same error message any time I try to update or install from adept
              Redo each command. After the last one, copy/paste the results of all for a review.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

its strange, I got it when I tried to do a large amount of updates, but when I did just one program for my wife, it worked just fine...

Comment

Working...
                X