Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Konqueror global search output: how to get display of paths????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror global search output: how to get display of paths????

When one does a global search in Konqueror, the output pane lists all instances of the file or whatever searched for, but there is no obvious way to get file paths, which renders the output almost useless. For example, I just found that I have in my file system 16 instances of "prefs.js". I'm looking for Firefox's user preferences file. One of these is surely what I'm looking, but with an identifying path, I can't tell which.

Is there an easy way to get the paths to display, either after the search or by setting up some configuration parameter? I've looked everywhere I can think to look, and there doesn't seem to be information on this anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: Konqueror global search output: how to get display of paths?

I do in my searches with Konqueor. Starting from ones Home directory (which takes Konqueror out of Web Browser mode and into File Manager mode) and changing directory to /, and then typing: locate:searchstring results in all matches displayed, with each ones path as part of the file description. This is the default for Icon View.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

This is great! Exactly what I was looking for.

My complaint about the output of the Ctrl+F search output in Konqueror stands, though. It seems poorly thought out. I couldn't figure out how to make use of it.

Comment

Ctrl+F works as it was designed (does the same in Windoze too). It 'searches the current contents of the displayed page." It isn't a 'file' finder function.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X