This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usb in kubuntu after vmware poweroff

This is probably a very simple problem but after searching I have not found an answer.

I installed vmware server6 with xp as a guest and it works fine. However, after using my printer or scanner in vmware if I try to, for example, print a document in linux it will not print until I power down my printer, or remove the usb cord and replug it, or if I power down and reboot everything. Is there some command that I issue rather than doing any of the above?

Thanks.

Re: usb in kubuntu after vmware poweroff

Assuming that you are leaving the VM running, simply deactivate the devices (in the VM) that you want to use in Linux. This works for me (using VMWare Player 2.0).
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: usb in kubuntu after vmware poweroff

Thanks again Snowhog (you are quick)!
      After I switched over to VMplayer everything is fine. I had forgotten that I was trying to configure xp to run in vmplayer. Only thing now is my cd/dvd players have changed positions, but I guess I can live with that since they are virtually the same except for the light scribe which has been totally useless anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X