Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to download software and updates without a internet connection within Linux

Hi,

So for the next 4 months I'm stuck without internet for my linux. I have a broadband wireless modem that works over the mobile phone network but it only has drivers for windows and mac not linux, I also have the internet at work too. So how can I download and install things onto my linux considering most this require downloads through the synaptic manager or apget?

Many thanks

Re: How to download software and updates without a internet connection within Li

Google rocks
    this might point you in the right direction:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=34113
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Re: How to download software and updates without a internet connection within Li

Lol, google does rock and I'm quite embarrassed I didn't notice that! Thanks for they help, sadly it seems as if you still need a linux pc with internet access somewhere. Thats something I don't have. I think I'm going to try and get my 3g ZTE USB modem working in Linux...

Comment

If you know what it is that you wish to download then you can most likely find the .deb for it somewhere and download that using any internet connected computer. Then just transfer it to your linux computer and you will be able to install from that.

Comment

Re: How to download software and updates without a internet connection within Linux

APTonCD
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X