This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X windows problem

Greetings all. This is my first post,so please forgive errors in etiquette. I have recently installed kubuntu 7.10 on my two machines, and installed qcad pro on both of them. The O.S. was installed on each machine from the same DVD, burned from a downloaded image, and the qcad from a DVD copied from an earlier install. Both systems seem to work fine, But...On the one machine (call it P.C.1) everything is great , just like on the previous set-up. P.C.2, on the other hand has an odd behavior in the CAD application. The cross-hairs lag way behind the mouse movement, and in general, is very jerky. Looking high and low to find the cause, the only difference I can find in the two machines is in the Xserver information screen. P.C.1 has "Largest Cursor" set at 64x64, while P.C.2 has 1024x768. This seems a huge anomaly! I have no idea how this could cause the strange behavior, (I am not computer competent), but could this be the cause? If it is, how can I change it? (Again, please keep it simple). Do I have to re-install the O.S.? Thanks in advance for any help, Bon Courage!
Working...
X