This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kodak CD photos inaccessible

I've been thru Mandrake and the B issue of Kubuntu (now at Gutsy Gibbon) and have used photo CDs from Kodak, Walgreens, and others. But the new Kodak version (says photo image and was done locally, not sent off) has me stymied. Where are the durn pix on it? Practically every icon I check out has 'windows executable' on in. I check my old Kodak CDs and they plainly have a file called pictures, which was where I found my pix. How do I find my pictures to move to my computer?

Re: Kodak CD photos inaccessible

Have you seen "The tricky task of supporting Photo CDs on Linux" at http://www.linux.com/feature/123665 . Is this relevant?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: Kodak CD photos inaccessible

Well, turned out to be a moot problem because the Kodak people forgot to put the pictures on the full-of-Windows disc! Took the negatives down today and got them to put the images on a plain disc. And, I just read the Linux/Kodak link. While the solutions are a lot more technical than anything I need, I had, earlier today, downloaded Image Magick. (My son said, why bother, when you can view other ways--but you can't crop, etc. with those other viewers.) Konsole pretty much walked me thru the download, which never happened before. (Why was Image Magick not included in the add/remove utility, I wonder; it's my old reliable.).

Comment

Working...
      X