X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Screen & Desktop Cube

I have Kubuntu 7.10 running and i have recently installed compiz fuzion
    af the the installation completed i had 8 desktops instead of my specified 4, and when i went into configure desktop it said i still only had 4, but when i looked down at my taskbar it showed that i had 8, can anyone tell me how to fix this, or is it already supposed 2 do that?

also i would like to get my desktop cube running but I am not sure how 3 do that at the moment.,,,,,,,,,,,thkx
    Kubuntu 8.04 <br />Dual-Boot w/ XP<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E6500<br />nVidia 8400GS 256mb<br />2GB DDR2<br />Ubuntu User #21847<br />Linux User #467409

Re: Multiple Screen &amp; Desktop Cube

Yep. Compiz doesn't know that it's on a Kubuntu KDE desktop with a default setting of "2", so it multiplies times 4 and you end up with 8.

Right-click an empty place on your desktop, choose "configure desktop" and "multiple desktops" and change it to "1". Refresh your Compiz window manager and you should end up with a cube.

Comment

how do i refresh my compiz window manager?
      can i just reboot?
      Kubuntu 8.04 <br />Dual-Boot w/ XP<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E6500<br />nVidia 8400GS 256mb<br />2GB DDR2<br />Ubuntu User #21847<br />Linux User #467409

Comment

i also went into emerald theme manager and clicked the refresh butteon adn then i pressed ctrl+alt and clicked the left mouse button and dragged i only saw 2 desktops which went back and forth....

Comment

I think in Kubuntu you have to open a Konsole window and enter
          Code:
          compiz --replace
          to get it to change the window manager. There's supposed to be a "Fusion Icon" but for some reason the Kubuntu repository doesn't have it.

Comment

With Compiz set correctly, and KWin set correctly, then when Compiz is running and you see the wrong number of pagers, press Alt+F2 and type:
            Code:
            dcop kicker default restart
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

i typed in compiz --replace
              and this is what i got

Checking for Xgl: not present.
              Detected PCI ID for VGA: 01:00.0 0300: 10de:0422 (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
              Checking for texture_from_pixmap: present.
              Checking for non power of two support: present.
              Checking for Composite extension: present.
              Comparing resolution (1680x1050) to maximum 3D texture size (8192): Passed.
              Checking for nVidia: present.
              Checking for FBConfig: present.
              Checking for Xgl: not present.
              Starting emerald
              /usr/bin/compiz.real (video) - Warn: No 8 bit GLX pixmap format, disabling YV12 image format

Comment

and dcop kicker default restart
                got rid of the close, minimize, and maximize bar(i can't think of what u call it at the moment..)

Comment

any other suggestions??

Comment

Working...
                  X