This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to create an image of my PC a la "System Restore"

Hello, like a lot people here I'm totally new to linux / kubuntu. I'm an average windows user who wanted to try a new, faster & different OS. I installed kubuntu 7.10 but I was having a lot of trouble dealing with small issues (issues that didn't even let me log in into this forums to ask for help D= ), I decided to try 6.06 Dapper Drake (I think) and it's working great =D.

So before I begin and mess something up, is there any way to create an image of the current state of my system, to perform a "System Restore" (Go Back) in case I need to?

Also, is there a keyboard shortcut to jump between different desktops?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Is there a way to create an image of my PC a la "System Restore"

You can use keep back-up system, however I haven't ever used it myself Simply copying/archiving (must be root) the files might work.

I took my master (Kubuntu) drive from my PC and put instead of another PC's master hard drive. And surprisingly Kubuntu loaded there without even saying a bad thing . I know you can't do that with windows

And if you have different partitions for "/" and "/home", you can reinstall Linux without loosing your personal settings(Desktop, files and whatever you keep there )
    Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

Re: Is there a way to create an image of my PC a la &quot;System Restore&quot;

How can I know if I have different partitions for "/" and "/home"? ._.

Which leads me to another question. I have another HDD in my PC; it is completely clean and I want to know how to have kubuntu recognize it so I can use it as either multimedia storage, or back up.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X