This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Kubuntu

Just use the winows Xp cd to boot your computer. When you are given the options screen press "R" to enter the recovery mode.

When asked which windows installation you whish to logon to type "1" (Usually)

Then put your admin password in (Home Edition of Xp the password is blank just press enter)

Then type "FIXMBR" or FIXBOOT" (It let ask you to confirm your actions) then type EXIT.

Your compter will reboot and then go straight into Windows XP where you can format the partition you had Linux on using Partition Magic or XP's own way in "Computer Management" (Select storeage)

N.B Why are getting rid of Kubuntu I enjoy working and learning Linux and "Dual boot" XP as my wife will not learn!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
    How do i remove kubuntu without a windows xp cd?

I have UBCD4WIN And knoppix also the xp restore cd which includes command prompt built in.

Re: Removing Kubuntu

Originally posted by Coolio10
    How do i remove kubuntu without a windows xp cd?

I have UBCD4WIN And knoppix also the xp restore cd which includes command prompt built in.
    Use the XP restore CD--that's even better than a regular Windows XP CD as it'll install not only XP but everything else that came with your computer's original configuration. Warning: it'll probably erase everything on your hard drive. Use Knoppix to back up your files first.
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Re: Removing Kubuntu

Two IT guys are talking over coffee.

One says to the other, "Did you know - if you play a Windows XP CD backwards, you hear satanic messages!"

The other replies, "That's nothing. If you play it forwards, it installs Windows XP!"

Comment

Working...
      X