This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video issues

I downloaded some episodes of a favorite TV show, and the fracking thing wouldn't play. I tried all of the audio players and then even tried a version of MPlayer (for all I know this is the backend to all of the others I tried, but thought it was worth a try) and all I got was about 5 seconds or so of nothing then then the video would end. These files all played fine over in OS X in MPlayer so I don't know what to do. Are there additional codecs I need? If so, why does it only see the file as a 5ish second video? And how do I install any needed codecs? Or if there's a (K)ubuntu video for noobs article somewhere that anyone could post a link to I'd like that as well.

-Tom

Re: Video issues

Depending on the encoding of the videos, you may need to install the ffmpeg package from the repos; if that doesn't work, add the Medibuntu repository to your /etc/apt/ directory, and install the w32codecs (or w64codecs on a 64bit system). See if either of those does the trick.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
    X