This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen to the radio.

Gooday all, I have Kubuntu 7.1.0 and am trying to listen to an old broadcast on my local radio stations web sit. It wants to install Real Player, but I cant load the necessary plug-ins. Any ideas what I should do here? TiA. James.

Re: Listen to the radio.

First, see if installing via Adept Manger, the following packages allows you to listen to your radio station's broadcasts:

helix-player
    mozilla-helix-player

the helix audio and video player

The Helix Player is an audio and video player based on the Helix DNA Client engine. It includes a Mozilla browser plug-in and supports local file playback and streaming over RTSP/RTP and HTTP. It supports video zoom in original, double size, and full screen, and supports:

* Theora (Alpha 3 encoded content), Vorbis, Ogg * Basic SMIL 2.0 * H.263 * RealPix, RealText, RealEvents * RAM and RPM playlist formats * RTSP streaming with RTP, HTTP streaming

This package contains just the player, install mozilla-helix-player for the Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox and Netscape browser plugin.
    the helix audio and video player (browser plugin)

The Helix Player is an audio and video player based on the Helix DNA Client engine. It includes a Mozilla browser plug-in and supports local file playback and streaming over RTSP/RTP and HTTP. It supports video zoom in original, double size, and full screen, and supports:

* Theora (Alpha 3 encoded content), Vorbis, Ogg * Basic SMIL 2.0 * H.263 * RealPix, RealText, RealEvents * RAM and RPM playlist formats * RTSP streaming with RTP, HTTP streaming

This package contains the Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox and Netscape browser plugin.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Snowhog has done it again. Worked a treat. Many thanks and happy holidays from the land down under. James.

Comment

Happy listening!
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X