This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know which folder to use

I'm having problems with the way Mozilla products interface with Kubuntu (Gutsy). I've done complete re-installs of Firefox and Thunderbird and also ran in safe mode.

On the Mozillazine forum, it was mentioned there may be a problem with one of the files in my chrome directory (since I have an unusual bug). When I go to Firefox's chrome directory (/usr/lib/firefox/chrome), the icon for the folder has a little arrow on it (link) and the properties says it points to another location (/usr/share/firefox/chrome). Yet, I can enter that directory (I assumed double-clicking or "cd" via konsole would take me to the "linked" directory) so I'm not sure where to put the changes.

When a folder is a link, do I make changes in the folder it is linked to or the folder in that directory?
    Ernie Grossmann<br />Opening doors, closing Windows.......<br />AMD Athlon X2<br />Asus K8, 2 GB PC 3200 RAM<br />Using Kubutu 10.10

Re: Don't know which folder to use

They are both the same. Think 'linked' folder takes you to the actual folder.

Mike
    http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
    X