X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error ( Solved )

Hi guys, I need some help...
    I'm using Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy and yesterday i was trying to set ndiswrapper to use my wireless card, i was installing the module with Adept, but after the install i tryed to reboot the system and i get the following error after selecting the Kubuntu in Grub:

" Error line 15:
    File missing"

Is there a way to fix this? or do í have to make a fresh new install?

Thank's to all

Nuno

Re: Error

Originally posted by BmwStreetRacer
    Hi guys, I need some help...
    I'm using Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy and yesterday i was trying to set ndiswrapper to use my wireless card, i was installing the module with Adept, but after the install i tryed to reboot the system and i get the following error after selecting the Kubuntu in Grub:

" Error line 15:
    File missing"

Is there a way to fix this? or do í have to make a fresh new install?

It should be possible to fix without to much trouble. A fresh install will not help - if you do it the same way.

Did you have to change the BIOS boot order? If so, try to play around a little.

If not, first it would be helpful to know how many disks and partitions you have.

The simplest way, if you do not know, is to open a terminal window K Menu -> System (A black monitor icon).

In that you type:

Code:
    sudo fdisk l
    (That is -l as in list.)

Just copy and paste into here. (Sorry to I assume you know nothing - saves time.)

Comment

Hi nilsA, my bios is like it was before the error, i have one disk with 3 partitions
      sda0,0 = Win XP
      sda0,1= ext3 ( / )
      sda0,2= Swap

Now there's a problem about running Konsole, because my laptop don't work with the live cd, to install 'i had to set "install noapic nolapic" and use the alternate install CD or it crashes during the install

Comment

Hi nilsA, my bios is like it was before the error, i have one disk with 3 partitions
        sda0,0 = Win XP
        sda0,1= ext3 ( / )
        sda0,2= Swap

Now there's a problem about running Konsole, because my laptop don't work with the live cd, to install 'i had to set "install noapic nolapic" and use the alternate install CD or it crashes during the install

Comment

sda0,0 = Win XP
          sda0,1= ext3 ( / )
          sda0,2= Swap

Ouch - then you have to wait until the more experienced then I am are around, because you most probably need to change the grub configuration file. Actually, booting from any type of Linux will do. There are things like DSL that you may run from a diskette, or, if you can boot from USB. There is also the Ultimate Boot Disk - don't have the time right now to find the link, but it should be easy to find with a little Google work.

You may also make things easier if you know why it says sda, not hda etc. Is it SCSI? Or some of the newer interfaces. Some of those is said to be a little difficult.

Comment

Re: Error ( Solved )

Solved !

I made a fresh install and configured Ndiswrapper using the konsole, so far so good

Comment

Working...
            X