This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

primary slave

hi all im new to kubuntu and i was wondering how would i go about installing my new 40 gig i tryed installing kubuntu on it so that it would be recognized as a slave but it didnt work out because i want it to be a slave while im on my 13gig drive so any and all help will be greatly appreciated

Re: primary slave

You need to ensure that your drive is recognised as the primary slave in the bios. If it is, then you need to install Kubuntu such that grub is installed on the MBR of your master drive (hda) This gives you the option to boot windows (or whatever) from your master (hda) and kubuntu from your new slave (hdb)

Comment

Re: primary slave

well i found out what the problem is sadly there is a bent pin on the back of my 40gig hdd so i guess im gonna have to buy another hdd soon but i do thank you for your help i did what u said and it did recognize it but every time i tried to mount it i would get all kinds of errors but oh well ill just get another drive soon and all will be solved thankyou again for your help analyticalman

Comment

Working...
      X