This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linuxant driverloader doesn't work!!! [SOLVED]

I'm a new user in linux and i choose ubuntu firts and then i decide to use kubuntu. In ubuntu i used Linuxant Driverloader to have my DWL-G132 to work. I though that Kubuntu was the same core of Ubuntu so i won't have any kind of problem with this other version of Ubuntu. I install it, than with Adept i installed Build essential from the installation cd and i installed Driverloader with the tarball. A message told me that there wasn't any prebuilt modules for Kubuntu kernel, than i was asked the position of my kernel source. I left the default option and i pressed Enter. The programs built the required modules for the kernel and the "Done" message let me think that all works. Then i set the webconfiguration access panel password and now i have to point my browser at http://127.0.0.1:18020 to access the web configuration panel. This works in Ubuntu, but in Kubuntu doesn't. Konqueror gives me a connection error, like if i try to connect to any website when i'm not connected to the internet. In others KD Environment Konqueror asked me the nick and password to access the webconf panel, so i don't think it's an incompatibility problem. Please if someone can help me... Thanks a lot for the attention

Re: Linuxant driverloader doesn't work!!!

According to this thread, there may be a bug in Konqueror preventing DriverLoader from working; just download the .deb package of Firefox from here for a 32bit pc or here for a 64bit pc, install it and try from there.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Thank you very much!!! i'm going to try and then i'll let you know if it works

Comment

It works!! I don't know why but now konqueror is able to use the webconfiguration panel as good as firefox does. Mah no matter now all works.

Comment

Re: Linuxant driverloader doesn't work!!! [SOLVED]

Cool 8)
          Asus G1S-X3:
          Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
          X