This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Help]Desktop showing "/" instead of "/home/gediminas/Desktop"

I'm trying out the Kubuntu 8.04 version, istalled commandline system, downloaded and installed KDE core package.

Now the Desktop looks like this:

How do I fix this?
    Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Re: [Help]Desktop showing &quot;/&quot; instead of &quot;/home/gediminas/Desktop&quot;

Love that Wallpaper. Where'd you get it!!

Comment

Re: [Help]Desktop showing &quot;/&quot; instead of &quot;/home/gediminas/Desktop&quot;

I think from deviantart.com

But what about the desktop dir?
      Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

The place I would look first is in System Settings --> Desktop ... Behavior. This will list what is shown on the Desktop.

Comment

I would also venture to guess that installing kubuntu by just installing 'kde-core' has left quite a lot missing, especially in this early stage of Hardy's development. Why not install it the normal way, or at least install 'kubuntu-desktop'?

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Also check kcontrol>SystemAdministration>Paths that Desktop's path is set correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
                Also check kcontrol>SystemAdministration>Paths that Desktop's path is set correctly.
                Can I do this with the konsole? or changing a file?

I would also venture to guess that installing kubuntu by just installing 'kde-core' has left quite a lot missing, especially in this early stage of Hardy's development. Why not install it the normal way, or at least install 'kubuntu-desktop'?
                normal way setup had errors. Installing the commandline system was fine. BTW, kde-core is more suitable for me than kubuntu-desktop. At first I thought of only installing konsole, konqueror, kwin, kicker and kdesktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Gediminas2
                  Originally posted by kubicle
                  Can I do this with the konsole? or changing a file?
                  You can check/edit the [Paths] section in ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

Comment

Working...
                  X