This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mac effect?

on a mac you can set it so that if you move the pointer to the bottom left of the screen you can toggle a view to see all the windows scaled together. is this feature available to kubuntu?

also, when i want to move a file to a folder graphically, a menu comes up asking if would like to copy move etc. in windows all you have to do is move the file and it will go there, is there a way to bypass this....it makes moving files slow.
    apt-get moo for more cowbell<br /><br />Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16 GHz<br />4 GB DDR2 RAM OCZ<br />EVGA Geforce 8800 GT<br />ASUS P5Q Deluxe Motherboard<br />Antec 900 Case<br />Creative Fatal1ty

Re: mac effect?

Originally posted by Christopher Walken
    on a mac you can set it so that if you move the pointer to the bottom left of the screen you can toggle a view to see all the windows scaled together. is this feature available to kubuntu?
    I believe the Mac feature you're talking about is called Expose, and the KDE equivalent is called Kompose. It essentially does the same thing, but it's not nearly as slick or tightly integrated as Expose is with Mac OS X.

also, when i want to move a file to a folder graphically, a menu comes up asking if would like to copy move etc. in windows all you have to do is move the file and it will go there, is there a way to bypass this....it makes moving files slow.
    I believe if you hold down the control or shift key while dragging it, you won't get that dialogue.

Control-drag will copy the file.
    Shift-drag will move the file.
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

yeah, kompose was the one exactly.

is there not a way to just disable the file move menu automatically?
      apt-get moo for more cowbell<br /><br />Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16 GHz<br />4 GB DDR2 RAM OCZ<br />EVGA Geforce 8800 GT<br />ASUS P5Q Deluxe Motherboard<br />Antec 900 Case<br />Creative Fatal1ty

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Walken
        is there not a way to just disable the file move menu automatically?
        Not that I know of. Use Nautilus instead of Konqueror?
        Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

konqueror has more features. thanks

Comment

Working...
          X