X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Troubles

Having some problems with sounds in certain apps at the moment

First one Amarok, I've played about with the settings (OSS and ALSA) and both of them make MP3's sound distorted, if you play a song really quietly then its not so bad but at a normal or high volume it sounds awful! Very unclean and distorted - yet if I open VLC and play that same MP3, sounds spot on even at a high volume. And if I open an .avi and play that in VLC, spot on. And If I use Real Player to play any webstream - also sounds great, seems to be just Amarok letting the side down.

Another app failing is Wine - I love playing story based games but I can never hear them, again i've tried messing around with the config - OSS/ALSA etc and neither one of those options play sound correctly, they also cause the games to lag quite dramatically, its a strange one cos sometimes I'll get a smooth game play but no sound and othertimes i'll get laggy gameplay with laggy sound and it almost sounds as if its playing the sound twice over lapping each other? But recently its just all been laggy sound and gameplay

I got told on a Wine forum that it may be due to my Distro's (Fiesty) sound daemons running in the background? But im not so sure - whatever there is running in the background sound wise that can be ended permanently without consequence I'd like to do that please, but any other ideas on this would be much appreciated

UPDATE: I went into the wine config and turned off both OSS and ALSA, rebooted - tried to play Half Life and got some serious lag ....it all used to work so perfectly (on and off).

Re: Sound Troubles

bump

Comment

Comment

At least you have some sound.
        I have NO SOUND!
        I have not been able to get Kubuntu to recognize my Sound Card as of yet.
        In fact I cant even get it to detect the Hardware.

Comment

Working...
        X