This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midnight Commander

In an attempt to use the command line more for day to day things I've installed the Midnight Commander as a console based FTP client - I read the docs on the site and managed to open up my work place's FTP with an non-anonymous login - my problem is that it doesn't actually display any of the files? It does it in the right hand side of the terminal - seems to connect to it fine as i get prompted for the password and it accepts it, just won't display the files stored there?

Also, How do I get it to appear as a fancy background of my choosing? I've done it before with the terminal but how do I set Midnight Commander to stop displaying the standard blue background?

(running Fiesty)

Cheers

edit: Also, why am I using mc? Is it better than the terminal (Konsole)?

Re: Midnight Commander

mc is a valuable tool, I install it almost immediately upon a fresh install

I think to change colors, you need to edit the config file for it, ~/.mc/ini
    http://linuxbasics.org/tutorials/usi...ight_commander

Comment

Cheers for that, got a nice pic as the background now - any ideas on the ftp problem?

Comment

I imagine it may be the server's setup or something maybe?. I tried 2 different ftp sites with no problems but that was only 2, for different websites I maintain

Comment

Working...
        X