This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing kubuntu

after deciding to move from vista(pre-installed on laptop) to kubuntu 7.10, wiping everything but the restore partition for vista, ive found that i prefer vista. how do i get rid of kubuntu??

thanks a lot,
    desertfox

Re: removing kubuntu

Kubuntu will be on its own partition, and there will be a separate swap partition (and, maybe, a separate /home partition IF you made one that way).
    So simply use GParted Live CD (partition editor) and delete those partitions. That space will become available as "unallocated" space on your disk.

***Of course, do NOT delete or mess with your Vista partitions!***
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

after doing this, what should i do about the grub loader(ive heard that you have to get rid of this somehow)??

Comment

I would say you will have to use your recovery disc to reinstall winslow. That will reinstall the win boot to the mbr and overwrite grub.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

That's my understanding, too.
          This reference (I think -- ?) gives you some pointers on doing that:
          Vista *** The definitive dual-booting guide: Linux, Vista and XP step-by-step
          http://apcmag.com/dualboot
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
          X