X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Resize / Change the Size of Windows

Hi Everyone

I have been battling getting Kubuntu 7.10 installed and working with my ATI Visiontek x1300, and I have finally achieved success.

I have run into a new issue. When I move my mouse over to the edge of a window ... or to a movable inner edge (Like the edges in Evolution) ... The mouse jumps over it. I can't resize any of them.

I don't know if I changed a setting or something like that, but I would really appreciate some help. I did some searching and didn't find anything on Ubuntu's site or here.

Thank you!

Re: Can't Resize / Change the Size of Windows

Wait ... It just started working.

hmmm... Could it come back?

If anyone has anything to add ... Let me know, please

Comment

Well ... I hate to keep replying to myself, but I found something else out.

The cursor seems to get stuck making that "fist" shape, like I'm dragging something...

Comment

I haven't heard of this issue before. I will look around and see what I can find.

Mike
        http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi there!

Well if it helps any ... I did a troubleshooting test. I downloaded from a different source and burned a new CD. I then installed Kubuntu 7.10 on another machine of the same build which is:

A Dell Optiplex 745
          Dual Core 3.4Ghz
          2 Gb of RAM
          It has an Optional upgrade: VisionTek ATI x1300 Small Form Factor Dual Head DVI 256MB video card.
          2 - Dell E177fp Monitors (I wish it was 3 ... I have an NVIDIA geforce 4 small form factor installed ... but that's a different discussion )

It has the same issue. The cursor seems to be getting stuck as a certain shape ie First, Pointer, etc., and can't change. I have found that if I move the window in question from one monitor to another monitor the cursor will start working for a little while.

Now ... I beat my head against the wall getting this video card to work. Since it's a Dual Head ... Everything kept seeing only one monitor. Then the answer was so simple. I followed the ATI wiki ... sort of, and this may be why I'm having this issue. All I did was this:

1. Install Kubuntu
          2. Enabled the restricted drivers
          3. Ran this command from a terminal window: sudo aticonfig --initial=dual-head --screen-layout=left

Dual Monitors started working, so I was happy. Now for @$^*s and giggles ... I installed Compfiz this morning and noticed that it's empty eg I can't change anything in the program. Could this mean I have messed something up on my video drivers or settings?

Now that I have it doing dual monitors ... I'm scared to mess with it

Any help is greatly appreciated and Thank you monte for looking for me.

Comment

Working...
          X