This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows took over boot screen...

I recently installed winbloze, and it took over the boot screen and now i cant get on Kubuntu anymore =[. How do I change it back? I don't have the CD anymore :/

Re: Windows took over boot screen...

Looks like you have earned a little educational experience for yourself!

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3081671.0

Comment

but i cant even run kubuntu! I cant open it or see it and IDK what to do. Nothing on there looks like it would help

Comment

Nothing on there looks like it would help

Well - Qqmike/HOW TO: GRUB Methods - Toolkit:

Install or Re-install GRUB -> Case 2: You can't boot into any of your Linux OSs.

First, you need to get a grub prompt (grub>) somehow. Your two choices are: (1) Use a rescue disk, like Super Grub Disk, from which you can boot into your OS, or press the “c” key to get a GRUB prompt. Or, (2) Use your Live Kubuntu CD. Let's assume (2) here. Put your Live CD in the CD tray, re-boot your PC, startup your Live Kubuntu. Now get a terminal (Konsole) and proceed exactly as in Case 1, starting with “sudo grub” to get a GRUB prompt....
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Originally posted by Drags111

IDK what to do. Nothing on there looks like it would help
          OK, let's break down the process to the next level of detail:

1. Print out a hardcopy of the part of Qqmike's tutorial that is most applicable to your situation.

2. Make a Super Grub Disk -- download the CD ISO image from here

3. Boot the Super Grub Disk, and observe the options and menus that are available to let you manipulate the boot process on that hard drive.

4. Following the guidance in Qqmike's tutorial, change your bootup sequence so that Grub goes first and then gives you the boot menu that is still located at /boot/grub/menu.lst in your Kubuntu filesystem, and that one offers the Windows boot option.

Comment

and furthermore . . .

the second post of the How-To is called:
            HOW To: Change the Default Operating System (Also: Changing the timeout, boot menu, and other tips)

for even more help
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
            X