X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMSN Not Working

Hi Guys.
    I am having problems with my aMSN since my computer did an upgrade. Whenever i try to load it i get a mesage come up saying "Loading TkCximage Failed. This module is needed to run aMSN. Please compile aMSN first. instructions on how to compile are located in the file install"
    Obviously i have no idea how to go about doin this or what this means so if someone could please tell me IN LAIMANS TERMS how to go about doin this it would be great. I prefer to use aMSN to Kopete as it seems to provide more features within it then Kopete does. Thanks for the on going assistance guy.

Re: AMSN Not Working

Open Konsole and enter the following command:
    Code:
    sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude reinstall amsn
    See if that fixes your problem, if not, try this command:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge amsn && sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-get autoclean && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install amsn
    NOTE: Just copy and paste
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Re: AMSN Not Working

thanx for that.. it has made it work but now the writting looks really weird and is real small as well. I tried running both but only the 1st one worked. if there is a way to fix this problem can you tell me what it is? thanx for the help thus far.

Comment

Working...
      X