This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair/re-install

Well, I have been having some fun doing all sorts of things to my O/S and a few things are now less than helpful. I don't have a great deal of stored personal stuff on the puter, so, can I do a repair install or do I just wipe and re install. What do you reckon?

Re: Repair/re-install

I have been having some fun doing all sorts of things to my O/S
    Same here

What's wrong with your computer?
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Well mate, where to start. Konqueror,missing. Links in email,stuffed. Swiftfox erratic.
      There is more but I can't remember it all right now. Got to say though, I am having fun and learning all the time. We do all the business and serious stuff on my wifes puter, so I can play all I like.

Comment

Yes, you may want to reinstall . . . I've done it a few times myself. Before you do, if you want to try to repair your system, try purging your faulty applications and reinstalling them. Their configurations should still be intact as they are generally saved in your /home directory as .hidden files (including you email).
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Well, what I did was just put another KUBUNTU on the H/D and now I can play even more!!! Still having the links in email issue but going to add those lines to the profile and see how we go.

Comment

Working...
          X