This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strigi

just upgraded to 7.10, and the search utility is now something called Stringi, which, for me, won't find anything. how do i make Stringi work? thanks.

Re: Stringi

You realize, I hope, that strigi is a search utility for your computer, not the Internet?

Here's their web site:

http://strigi.sourceforge.net/

Comment

Re: Stringi

By default Strigi only searches a few places on your hdd. (home only?) If you are trying to search removeable media or any other location that is not indexed by default it will not find any results.

I removed Strigi from my system but you should be able to configure it from Konqueror by going to strigi:/config

Also your problem could be that your daemon has been stopped. If you follow the link above and only a link to start the daemon appears click that and it should start indexing again.

Comment

Re: Strigi

thanks, greyfox (and yes, i know it's not for websearches, above poster). the problem seems to be that it just hangs and does nothing. i turned on my computer last night and used it, and it indexed fine, and searched within the directories i specified. today, i turned my computer on, and it's just 'hanging'. won't let me search, change parameters, etc. just hangs at 'start daemon'. you said you removed it? what do you use in it's place. i had no problem with the search utility on the last distro. don't know why it needed replacing.

Comment

Re: Strigi

uninstalled strigi, and installed kerry beagle, which works fine. problem solved.

Comment

Working...
          X