This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Process wont close?

So im new to the linux thing, and am liking it so far, but i just started having an issue.

When i open the add/remove programs i get
    "Another process is using the packaging system database (probably some other Adept application or apt-get or aptitude).
    Would you like to attempt to resolve this problem? No will enter read-only mode and Cancel to quit and resolve this issue yourself."

And this always shows up, even with a restart when i havent opened anything at all. I checked the running processes and cant seem to find anything that would cause this message.

Re: Process wont close?

Have you tried using apt-get (with sudo) in the konsole? It (usually) tells you (how) to use dpkg to fix the problem. Oh, and dpkg --force-help might come in handy.

Comment

I usually get this if a package hangs during the install. A simple 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' will prompt dkpg to complete the install.

Mike
      http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

If "sudo dpkg --configure -a" does not work then try running sudo apt-get update in konsole it should mention a lock file something like /var/cache/apt/archives/lock run the command "sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/lock" there should be a second lock file in dpkg somewhere but I don't remember the location right now so give sudo apt-get update a try agian and see if it still has an error.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, looks like it cleared right up after that.

Comment

Working...
          X