This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Find files" missing.

Gooday all. I just noticed that my "find files and folders" thingy is missing. I click the K-menu button, bottom left, and it's just not there. Queer stuff eh? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Re: "Find files" missing.

Do you mean the menu entry for 'Strigi'? if so you can create a replacement one easily enough. Right-click on kmenu>menu editor. Click the new item button, give it the name Strigi, and the command:
    'kfmclient' exec strigi:/
    You can also give it the description 'Desktop Search' and by clicking on the icon, you can choose the magnifing glass.

Comment

I believe he means the original 'find Files' applet, replaced in Kubuntu's Kmenu by strigi.

It is still available, the applet is called kfind, you can simply type that in the "Run Command' dialog, or create a menu item with that command.

Comment

Yeah, there is a strigi thingy, but when I click on that I am unfamiliar with what opens.

Comment

To add kfind back to the K Menu:

Right-click on the K Menu icon
          Click on Menu Editor
          Click the New Item icon (to the right of the floppy disk icon)
          Type in the name for the new item (Find Files and Folders as an example)
          Click OK
          Type in a Description (if desired - not necessary)
          Type in a Comment (if desired - not necessary)
          In Command type kfind
          Click on the floppy disk icon or click File | Save
          Close/quit the K Menu Editor

Click the K Menu icon and your new menu item for kfind is located at the top of the list.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I am similarly disappointed with the change. I have fooled with strigi, but it is far from ready for prime time. What I have done that I am happy with is to install the "Find" applet to my panel menu. If you right click on won of your panel menus and click add applet and then select Find, you will have your find back. When you click on that applet you get a choice between Find Files and Web Search. The find files is your familiar KFind. Good luck.

Comment

Goodonya, Snowhog. Done that and got it working fine. Now I just have to go back and try and fix my T/bird problems. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X