X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bluetooth woes

Hi everyone,

I want to make my linux PC emulate a handsfree kit, so that my phone will connect to it and I hear audio out of the car speakers. For some reason it's REALLY hard to find any information on doing this. Has anybody managed to do this yet? Here's what I have done so far:

- registered HF profile with sdptool
    - set the device class to 0xff0408 with hciconfig
    - dbus-send --system --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:discoverable (makes the PC discoverable)
    - rfcomm listen hci0 6 (PC accepts connection on channel 6 (handsfree) and routes it to /dev/rfcomm0)

Now I can use my phone to search for handsfree devices, my PC shows up, I select it and try to connect, and it says "seeking PCNAME...." And after a few seconds rfcomm tells me it's connected. But the phone just sits there waiting. I'm sure I need to send some command over, but I can't find any specs anywhere.

I tried the ProjectBluezHandsfree (it's down now, gotta use the google cache) but that doesn't seem to help me. It makes the connection, but the phone still says seeking and never connects (it times out after a while).

Any thoughts? I can't run any of the kde stuff, this is a very minimal system with a stripped X server (no fonts, etc), so I want to do all this on the command line. I'm not afraid to code something up if I find some specs
Working...
X